New to mushrooms? Allow us to make an introduction
Ganoderma lucidum [gan-uh-der-ma Lee-ng-zee]
Reishi is the jack of all trades. From supporting healthy blood sugar levels to enhancing the circulatory system, reishi is your body’s best friend.
It’s also been known to maintain healthy immunity, assist in protecting and detoxifying the body, aid liver function and contribute to a healthy cardiovascular system.
In the wild, reishi typically grows on the base and stumps of hardwood such as oak or maple, in the warmer regions of Asia, the South Pacific, southern Europe, and the south eastern United States. It can also be cultivated on logs, wood chips, or sawdust.
• Increased cognitive function
• The nervous system
• Protecting the body against viruses, bacteria, parasites etc.
• The cardiovascular system
• Increase HDL "good" cholesterol & decrease the level of triglycerides
• The immune system
• Relaxation and assisting the body in adapting to stress
• Optimal antiviral and and anti-inflammatory properties to boost the immune system
• Improved sleep and circulation
• Boost immune function by enhancing the activity of white blood cells
• Reishi is also known as the “Elixir of Immortality."
• Reishi has been used in medicine for thousands of years.
• Previously reishi was so rare that it was reserved only for royalty.
• The Chinese name for Reishi is “lingzhi” which breaks down to “ling” meaning divine, and zhi- of longevity.
• Reishi respires just like humans, oxygen in and carbon dioxide out. When it is consumed it adds oxygen to the body.
• Recovery (emotional and/ or athletic)
• Post work, post breakup, post…. anything
• Before putting the kids to bed
• Before putting yourself to bed